Friday, January 8, 2010

Wake up call

Ever since Jeff became a Sheriff's deputy I have always tried to be supportive and not stress over his safety while he's at work but, do to the events that have taken place this week, I have become all to aware of the dangers that go along with Jeff's job. Officer Fox was just making a traffic stop, just like she probably has done hundreds of times before. But, that Tuesday morning it went all wrong. As I watched the t.v. stunned and almost emotionally frozen to my seat, I was painfully aware that my husband was out working during the same time the shooting took place, my husband had made hundreds of traffic stops too. But, I was the lucky one my husband was home and sleeping safely in our bed. Officer Fox's family was in their home grieving and suffering. How my heart brakes for her family and the pain they must be in. It seems so unfair that someone so good and who did so much to help others should be taken this way, were as the horrible man who committed this unspeakable crime now sits in a court room claiming he didn't do it.

I know it is a horrible situation but, it has been awake up call to me, I have decided to make more of the time I have with my family and to make sure they know that I love them and that they are my whole world. I have decide to make sure when Jeff leaves for work that we are not arguing, but instead I make sure I tell him that I love him and I kiss and hug him good bye. I have also decide to be more patient with my children and make sure that I am making a more positive and loving enviroment in our home. This time on earth is a short time and I want to make sure I am doing all I can to make the most of it as well and making sure I am doing all I can to keep us an eternal family. In all honest the only thing that helps me with situations like this is our Heavenly Fathers plan of Salvation and knowing that I will be with my loved ones again!

I am still struggling with the reality of what has happened and I still get nervous when Jeff puts on his uniform and leaves for work but, all I can do is be positive and do a lot of praying!

1 comment:

Amy said...

We are praying for Jeff's safety too! This has been a good reminder that life is fragile, and Heavenly Father is in control. Be safe bubba! Laura, you have always been impressive to me. You are always so supportive of Jeff, and so good at loving him. You are a fabulous Mom, and a great example to me!