Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We have had a fun 4th of July. We did our usual breakfast at Sullivan's, then watched Kaylee march in the parade. Picked her up and played at the park. This year however Jill and Kevin came to spend the weekend. So the kids ran wild with there cousins and we just tried to keep up with them. While the big kids played on the blow-up slides Grandpa Mounteer bought Dalton his very own snow cone, and that sweet boy was in heaven (and a little sticky).

Jill and Kevin had some friends that came with them so Grandpa Mounteer cooked a very, very good dutch oven dinner up at the cabin. It was fun just to visit and catch up with everyone. With Jill and Kevin living in West Jordon we just don't see each other enough or call each other enough. So it was great to have a few days with them and the kids. It would have been nice if Krista and Clay could have been here but, Clay is busy with his new job. I don't think that gas prices help either though.

Of course we also watched the fireworks, that's the best part of the 4th. I am such a dork though I made sure I had sparklers for the kids and of course I forgot to bring them with me. I guess we will just use them on the 24th. I probably would be in trouble with Kaylee to for using them, because she stayed at the cabin to have a sleep over. I get a kick out of Dalton because he could of cared less what was going on . He just wanted to run around, but what else should I expect out of a one year old, that is all they do after all. It was a great weekend just hanging with the family and enjoying the kids.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the pic of you on Teri's page. You Cutie!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Hey Laura, I actually have that same site linked on my hair blog! How funny. But, I'm glad you told me about those bows. I didn't even notice that link. I went and checked them out, they look awesome.