Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My baby is 2!



Dalton turned two on Saturday and we celebrated by having a little birthday with our family. We played a few games, had cake and ice cream and then opened presents. It was fun and Dalton had a good time and was a good sport. Dalton loves dogs so Kaylee and Cooper gave him a fur real puppy, which he loves. We get to listen to it bark when he rolls over in the middle of the night (yah). Dalton and My dad are best buddies and they also share the same birthday, my dad still says that Dalton is the best birthday present ever.

I'm struggling to figure out how my baby has grown so fast so quickly. I swear I just came home from the hospital with him. As sad as I am that he is growing up am just as grateful that he is here and he is healthy. After the scary five days we spent at the hospital after his birth, dealing with his unknown condition I just wasn't sure at that time this day would ever come. I am grateful for every day I have with him even if it means I have to wash lotion off the bathroom cabinets or if I have to change his Sunday clothes again before church because he has covered himself with toothpaste. I have decided he is here to help make sure my life is never dull.

Dalton is a sweet boy with a good heart. He is caring, tender hearted and loves to laugh. However, Dalton is also stubborn, bull headed and refused to back down from a fight even if he knows he will be in trouble. As good as Dalton is he is equally just as bad. If it gets quite and you can't see him you will definetly have a huge mess on your hands. Whats worse is he smiles at you with this face that makes it so hard to get mad at (he gets it from his dad). Despite all trouble he may get into I wouldn't change him for the world. I enjoy him more everyday. I feel he has been a huge blessing to our family and I am truely honored to be his mom. I love you D!

1 comment:

Suzette said...

Isn't 2 fun. I love this stage Gavin is in. Even though I'm constantly cleaning up messes. Today he dumped a whole thing of Veg. oil on our rug. Why he walked across the whole tile floor onto the only rug downstairs and decided to dump it there I'll never know. They sure do keep you on your toes huh. I love Daltons Dog hat it's so cute.