Monday, September 7, 2009

Kaylee's Baptism


Kaylee with her new hair cut!


Kaylee and her Grandma and Grandpa Mounteer

Kaylee with her Grandma and Grandpa Malcom

Kaylee with her cousins Kelsee and Garrett


Saturday Kaylee was baptised and confirmed a member of the church, I was so proud of her especially when you consider that three years ago Kaylee informed us that she was never getting baptised. We attended a baptism for one of my cousins and Kaylee was all well and good until they confirmed my cousin and she got really quiet and didn't say anything until the ride home, where she told Jeff and I that she never wanted to be baptised. I assumed it was a fear of the water and being dunked but, as I continued to talked to her she got increasingly upset. Finally she told us that she didn't want that ghost thing following her everywhere. We tried really hard not to laugh and then decided to just let it go and of course she out grew those feeling and realized how important being baptised is and it didn't hurt that all of her friends were getting baptised.

I have to say I was also very impressed with Jeff, I being the little control freak that I am asked Jeff if he was prepared and has studied the prayer, well I kinda irritated him by even questioning him but, in my defense he had lived at the office since the New Harmony fire and it was also labor day weekend which is one of his busiest so I was just worried that he didn't have any time. On the way to the stake house he started giving me a hard time, asking me if I had seen the card with the prayers on it cause he needed to study the prayer. I swear I wanted to hit him, he just laughed. All kidding aside he did a great job!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay! Congrats to Kaylee!! BTW, Jeff can rock a white one piece like no other!!!! :) Miss you guys, hope you're all doing well.