Monday, September 8, 2008

My current reading!

Photobucket

My Sister Jill and the girls in my Sunday School class that I teach have been trying to get me to read the Twilight series. Well, when I went to visit Jill she sent her books home with me. Labor day weekend rolled a round and Jeff had to spend the whole weekend at the fair and all the other events in Parawon. I also wasn't feeling well. So I grabbed Twilight and curled up on the couch so I could still keep and eye on the kids. Well I finished the first book Saturday afternoon and immediately had to start on the next book. I could not put them down if I had a free moment it was spend reading. I finally finished the series on Saturday and it was probably a good thing because I don't think my house could take any more of the abuse the kids were dishing out. But, I have to admit that I didn't feel bad I really enjoyed myself. Since having kids I don't get to read for my own enjoyment anymore, which is sad because I LOVE to read. I am hoping that I will see that I need to do more things like this for myself. (I hope!)

4 comments:

Suzette said...

I hear you girl. I don't even have time to use the bathroom with out someone needing something at that very min. I didn't think I would like these books but fell in love with them and ignored my house duties in the process as well. Good for you taking some time out. We all need that once in a while.

The White Family said...

I got addicted last Feb. when we had to spend presidents weekend sitting at baseball camps otherwise I wouldn't have time either. Isn't Edward HOT???? and we've never even seen him!

Julie Wiley said...

I couldn't believe how addictive the Twilight books are! I am just glad I did not have too many visitors when I was reading them. My house was awful!

Sundee said...

Hi Laura,
Your blog is so cute. I am probably the only person who hasn't read the twilight series. Mabe Kami will let me borrow her books.