Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School



My kids were so excited for the first day of school, especially Cooper because he started Pre-School this year. I am excited for him to be a big boy and go to school but, it is strangly quiet with just Dalton and myself. The first day that both the kids were gone Dalton got up late and the kids were already at school. He looked all over for them and then just started to cry, it broke my heart.

Kaylee is in the second grade this year and has Mrs. Jenson. We are so excited to have her as Kaylee's teacher. She is in our ward and so we already knew how great she is. Kaylee has a already come home excited about what they are doing in science. I hope this is a good sign of things to come.

Cooper is attending the Hippity Hop Pre-School. His teacher is Mrs. Lee. She was a teacher at the Elementary School and decided to open her own school. She is great, her husband works with Jeff so we already knew how good the school was. Cooper seems to be enjoying himself.

I am just hoping with the kids gone to school that Dalton and I can have some quality time together and maybe just maybe I can get back to having sometime for myself. I really would like to get back to painting and scrapbooking, I guess we will see.

3 comments:

Allie said...

That is so cute what you did with the kids pictures. I need to be more creative like that. I will be calling you to get some pointers. I can't believe how time flies. Weren't we just barely walking to South Elementary together? :)

Princess Hairstyles said...

I see that you figured out the digital scrapbooking! That is absolutely adorable.

Unknown said...

I love the scrapbook page - do you do it with Photoshop? We actually live in Reno, NV right now - after 7 years in rainy, beautiful Oregon we decided to try the high desert. I don't miss the rain much, but I do miss the green. Reno area is beautiful in it's own way though, and Lake Tahoe is less than 1 hour drive and it is gorgeous there. There are ton's of fun family things to do here though - we would LOVE you to come visit!!!